CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

At Least We have our Miracle: A Story of Infertility


Watching "Old MacDonald Had a Farm"


Being tickled by Daddy


Hi Mom and Dad! I got all dirty on the front porch!



After a long conversation about the test results...(my own rendition of the conversation):

Doctor: "well...from here we can try infertility treatment."

Me: "Infertility? But, I had a baby. I want eight babies. I want them all by age 32, and I don't want to wait any longer."

Doctor: "Well, we could try infertility treatment."

Me: "Does my insurance cover it? How much does it cost?"

Doctor: "I'm not sure if they cover it. It's expensive (hundreds to thousands of dollars expensive...)"

Me: " wow. wow. wow. But Doctor, everyone I know is pregnant. My sisters-in-law are
pregnant. MY friends are pregnant. This lady is stealing all of the rest of the world's babies. "

Doctor: "We can try infertility treatment."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother (had a baby after me, having another one before me): "Sis, I'm sorry. I know I can't fix it, but at least you have your Lincoln. He is your miracle baby."
Me (lying out my teeth): "Yeah, I am fine."
Me (no longer lying): "At least we have our Lincoln. He is a miracle."
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Spliz said...

Lincoln is beautiful. (or handsome, if you prefer. whatever. I know Chris would rather I not refer to our sons as beautiful and/or pretty. the point is, awesome kid.)

I can't imagine anything harder to go through. we love you.