CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 01, 2010

A day to Remember, and a Day never to forget.

A day to Remember...

 Do you remember in April 2008 when I wrote THIS post? I remember. It is a day that is forever etched in my heart. It was a day that filled us with hope, gratitude, and it was a day that reminded me how much love Heavenly Father has for his children. 


WELL...
Yesterday was a beautiful day in Arizona. The sun was shining, the temperature was in the mid-70's. It was the kind of weather that people all over the country wish they were having in late October. 

AND... It was a beautiful day because we met Nicole. Nicole is 38 weeks pregnant, and has made the selfless decision to place her baby girl, due November 8th, with our family. 
It was a day never to forget.


 Brandi, Nicole, Toni, David, Lincoln
David, Nicole, Brandi,Lincoln
Having Nicole, and her amazing mom Toni,  in our home was a dream come true. Nicole is filled with happiness and joy. She has incredible dimples in both of her cheeks (which we hope baby girl has too!!!), and she has a desire to succeed. She has been through culinary arts school, and she wants to be a vet tech. She is a major daddy's girl (also hoping for this one) and she was 14 pounds when she was born (for her sake at 5'3, definitely not hoping for this!!!) She has lived a well traveled life. She told us she burns easily in the sun. But, this also shows off her cute freckles.

Meeting Nicole yesterday was another testimony of the miracle of adoption. In our home birth mothers are placed on a pedestal. Our Joanie Girl, and our new Angel Nicole will be a part of our family forever. 
We already love you Nicole, and we can't wait to see what the future holds. 
Love,

David, Brandi, Lincoln, and Henry

18 comments:

Julie said...

That is WONDERFUL WONDERFUL news. We are so very happy for your family! Hooray!!!

MKShelley said...

WHOOO!!! Congrats Brandi!!!

gretchen said...

Oh wow wow WOW! You made me cry today. Sooooo happy for you all. We love you. :o)

Tammy said...

OIncredibly, amazingly exciting!!!!

Jena said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!! I'll be counting down the days with you! SO SO happy for you!

Nathan's Mommy said...

So excited for you all! This is awesome!

vinestreet said...

Oh, I am so happy for you!!!!!!! I know what to thank Heavenly Father for today. I'm so happy for you all !!!!

Tiff said...

Oh Brandi I'm so excited for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

Aubry Wilkes said...

Oh Brandi... hugging you through the screen... I am so happy for you and David and your sweet little boys that will be amazing big brothers! Life is beautiful!

Franklin Family said...

I cried and cried and cried when I read this post. Congratulations to your family, and what a lucky baby girl to have you for a mother. Congratulations!

proudmamablogga said...

So happy for your family and for little baby Johnson. A thousand congratulations!

Shauni said...

SO exciting!!! That IS great news. So happy for you!

Jay and Sherrie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! You guys are amazing!

Kyr said...

I am so happy for you guys! Grandma told me the other day and I was so excited and now reading this brings tears to my eyes. You guys are so deserving! The Lord is really blessing you two!
Love you guys!

Erika said...

What a lucky little girl to be able to have such a selfless birth mom and a great family to go to! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Angela said...

Wow! What great news! Congratulations!

Adam & Ady said...

Brandi!!!! Congrats. I don't know of a more deserving mommy and daddy! You guys are the best parents and will be such a blessing to this baby girl. Have a great week!!!! It is coming soon!!! YEA!!!

amynewby said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you, can't wait to see pictures of the baby!