CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dear Joe

DEAR JOE,

I have seen many examples in my life
where one person has made
a significant difference in the world.

When I emailed all of the
health teachers in our city
(there were a lot of you)
THANK YOU
for being the
ONE
who welcomed this adoption presentation.
YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW IT YET
BUT THIS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE....
even if only one student is affected....

it will be worth it.
thanks Joe!


My name is Brandi, and I am an adoption advocate in the state of Nebraska. Recently, I have learned of the high school health curriculum, and I am especially interested in the section regarding “Abstinence parameters, and the importance of family, etc…”

As an adoption advocate, I find it essential to share the option of adoption with students who are in the position of having to choose between being a single parent, or aborting. In addition, this presentation offers a healthy solution through a 25-30 minute power point presentation to all students. It discusses the importance of abstinence, and it lays out the cost of having a baby. This is not a presentation aimed at asking students if we can adopt their babies, but rather offering the resources for them to be educated on the subject of adoption.

Recently my husband and I adopted a beautiful baby boy. We are eternally grateful for our young birthmother who decided to make the decision to place her sweet baby boy for adoption. She has graduated high school, and since the placement, she has started college. As she was making her decision to place her baby, she said, “My mom was a single mom, and she had to work so hard just to try and make ends meet. I don’t want to place my baby in day care and work fast food for the rest of my life to try and do the same. Someday I want to get married and have kids, but I can’t do that right now.”

Adoption is a selfless decision that gives babies the hope of the best life in a family with two parents.

Please allow me and my team to share this presentation in your health class. If needed, I can come before and share the power point with anyone who is interested in the presentation.

Thank you for your time,

P.S.
Joe, if you know
any other teachers
that are willing to listen--
let them know!
Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you through the R house awhile back and have been touched by your family's adoption story. My husband and I are in the "waiting/finding" phase ourselves and look forward to starting our family.

I couldn't help but leave you a comment when I read this post. You are that ONE making a difference in your community. Your letter is powerful as I'm sure your presentation will be, keep up the good work!

Franklin Family said...

You are going to change lives, Miss Brandi. Your family is amazing.

Jay and Sherrie said...

You are so awesome, Brandi! Thanks for always being such a great example. We love you guys!

amynewby said...

that's so awesome! I can't wait to hear how it goes, and the news will spread quickly too.