CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

I love you Arizona....


When we were an hour from Tucson, our 26 foot rental truck broke down and required three tows to be finished with it. We drove into a 100 degree day, and we moved into a two bedroom, one bathroom apartment. And you know what?

I AM SO HAPPY.

The morning after we got here, my girlfriend Car-Car brought us paper plates and cups, and made us breakfast. Since then, we have enjoyed pizza and swimming with our two families.

Today, we went to church in what I refer to as my home ward, even though my family has not lived here for 11 years. I knew almost every member of the ward, and it was a very warm welcome.

In front of us sat my voice teacher from my youth. She has a beautiful voice, and I hope that she will teach me the words to "I love you Arizona," so that the beautiful song will not be forgotten.

Behind us sat my very special friend, Cali who has not forgotten one member of my family.

The Swiss family, our lifetime friends, kindly invited us over for dinner,

I was most grateful today for Brother Baker, who is the nursery leader. To be honest, I was a little emotional to see a man who taught my brothers in young mens teaching my big boy, and I know that as Lincoln listens to him, he will grow up to be a righteous priesthood holder, just like my brothers.

Plus, Arizona gave us some treasures. For my 29th birthday, I went to the Salvation Army and got these:
(I don't usually have a love for furniture, but when I saw these, I fell in love with the style and the color.)



And of course: we have already taken advantage of this and this.

Once again we thank our Heavenly Father for the blessings He has so lovingly given to us. We feel His hand in our lives on a daily basis.

I am grateful for my husband for working so hard, and being so willing to have a new adventure. Sweetheart, thank you for bringing me to Arizona.
I know that you already know how much this means to me, and I can't wait for our upcoming adventures together.

Indeed, the best part of this new journey, is being on the adventure with my boys. I am head over heels for these boys.
I love them tons bit in the whole world.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Brandi- I am so super-jelly of you for so many reasons: some of which being that you get to live in my favorite city and hang out with my awesome sister.

I hope your time in Tucson is beautiful, I'm excited to see you when we visit.

And say hi to Cali for me, I'm sure she remembers me too.

Franklin Family said...

Welcome back to Tucson! We have missed the Brewer family for a LONG time, and it's really nice to have some of you back. Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.

Leah said...

Hooray! You're in Arizona! I definitely need to come down and visit you guys! Let me know if you come up to Phoenix/Mesa, I'd LOVE to see you!

Wendy said...

I am sooo glad you are here! Arizona has been missing you too. See you soon I hope

Green's said...

Can't believe your moving truck broke down, and it was even a Penski, wasn't it?! That must have been a night-mare! Glad you made it safe tho. Thanks for letting us stay the night with you in NE. We miss you guys much!

annieareyouok said...

great furniture finds! glad you made it ok.