CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thirty at 30

When I turned 30 I decided that instead of mourning the loss of my twenties, I would celebrate the birth of my thirties. In my plan for life, I would have all the kids I wanted by 32, and I told my husband that was my cutting off point. Hmmmm....two adorable kids later, I am far from done, so either I need to get pregnant with quadruplets, or someone needs to pick me to adopt a sibling group, or I am going to have to change my goal. I am still undecided on that one.

I also made the goal to do 30 new things during my thirtieth year.

So far I have:

1) re-upholstered a chair
2) learned to can (I canned apple pie filling, ground beef and chicken)
3) learned how to piece a quilt together
4) learned to make homemade lasagna with homemade noodles
5) started taking a French class.
6) made it to Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers

I still want to:

1)Take a CPR class
2)learn to drive a stick shift- anyone not scared from my teenage years who can teach me??
3)learn to play the organ

That is only 9 new things.

Any ideas???

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Learn to crochet. :) I just did and made 2 blankets for my sister-in-law.

Franklin Family said...

I love the list! And my car is stick shift. I'll gladly let you have at it. :)

Wendy-n-Jason said...

You could:
-Visit your friend Wendy in Vegas!!!
-Go bungee jumping (that's Jason's idea, he's done it and he loves it!)
-Run a 5k (or 10k or triathlon)
-5 family names in the Temple
-Learn to change your oil
-Have a Star Wars marathon and watch all 6
-Write a children's book
-Learn Chinese
-Take a community ed class
-Drive a motorcycle
-Invent something
-Go a whole week with no:
Electricity
Sweets
Phone
or
Modern technology
(Ok so most of those were Jason's ideas)

Elizabeth Larson said...

Running a 5K or 10K is a great one...and I'm not a runner! I just wanted to comment on your previous post before this...I completely sympathize with you because although I can get pregnant, I have had two really early babies who have been in the hospital for 3 months each and it was a long, scary journey. My husband and I said while our last one was in the NICU that we just can't do it again, but I KNOW that our family is not complete. I have battled with do I adopt, do I risk getting pregnant and losing the baby or having the baby so early again, etc. It has been my ultimate struggle this year because my youngest just turned 2, and this is the time I would normally get pregnant. I just haven't felt right about anything yet, and yet I know my family is not complete and I desperately want a baby. I know this may not comfort you at all, but I just wanted you to know that your post comforted me. I know I am not alone. I know the Lord is constant in my life (like the tree) and I know that my prayers will be answered one way or another. I just have to be there, praying and waiting. Good luck Brandi! You and I will both get our babies someday! ;)

Tina said...

What a fun idea!!! I may adopt something similar.