CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Friday

This coming Friday, our fearless two year old turns three. He has been such a joy in our family, and I am blessed to be his Mama. A lot of people have a lot of opinions about the rambunctious nature of Henry. If they could only see what I see. I love that Henry is outgoing. I love that what you see is what you get. He is active, fearless, and non-stop. But, he is equally gentle, kind, and loving without condition. I love that he gives me hugs and kisses. When I come home after a date he runs to me and yells, "Mommy, Mommy you are back?" I giggle that he tells me to stop singing so he can have a turn. I love that he wants to crawl in bed with Jacob and sing to him. I love that he follows Lincoln around. I love that he wants to be the leader of scripture study and he thinks he is so funny trying to get us to repeat what he says:

"And "
"Toot"
"poop"
"stupid"

We don't repeat most of those words, but we love that he knows he is part of our family.

I especially love when he looks at his picture on the wall and when I ask him, "Who is that?" he says, "My Henry." I giggle as he looks int he bathroom mirror and when I tell him to get off the counter he says, "I seeing who is handsome."

I listened and was filled with understanding and gratitude during Lynn G. Robbins talk at LDS General Conference:

"...Could it be possible that you need this child as much as this child needs you?..." (Lynn G. Robbins)

I needed Henry. He came as a tender mercy at a very dark and lonely part of life. The Lord took me in a semi-broken state, and he filled me with sunlight. And the sunlight Henry brings is a daily reminder of how much Heavenly Father loves me. He loves me.

One thing we cannot neglect to mention is our deep and abiding love for Joanie; Henry's birth mom. She is beautiful. She is amazing. She did not have an easy life, but she has defied all odds. On May 13th, she is graduating from college. She is engaged to a wonderful man who we love so much. He takes care of Joanie and he loves her. Joanie is kind, thoughtful, strong, and our family is so grateful for her courage three years ago to make such a selfless sacrifice. We have loved Henry for three years, and we couldn't have had him without our Joanie Girl. (We love you Joanie!)

This year we were so happy to finally get in contact with Henry's birth father. When I saw his picture, it was like seeing Henry. We are unsure if he wants any contact, but it was good to have one more piece of his missing puzzle.

To Henry:
We love you Good Boy.
Tons Bit.
Happy Birthday
Mama, Daddy, Lincoln, and Jacob

3 comments:

Jay and Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! We Love You.

Tammy said...

I love everything about Henry. I love that he is sooooo cute when he is being mischevious. Happy birthday Henry!

MAMA JONES said...

I miss all of you, but I especially miss the boys. Lincoln who was always in charge and loved beautiful girls; Jacob, who I hope to get to know when we visit; and Henry, who always brings a smile to my face no matter what he is doing and who has so much energy.

I too am grateful for Joanie, she gave you a wonderful gift at a very hard time in your life. She brought a smile back to your face and love back into your life.

I look forward to July when we can be with you all again.