CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 03, 2008

Dear Birthfather....

Dear Birthfather,

When I was growing up, I didn't face decisions that were as hard as what you are facing. The hardest decisions I had to make were things like: Where would I go to school? Would I serve a mission? Who would I marry? MY parents and friends had a lot of helpful advice, but ultimately the choices were up to me. no one else.
These choices were no where close to the difficult choice you are being asked to make. We don't envy having to make this decision. We don't know what thoughts are going through your mind. But, we want you to know that we love you.

We are pleading with you.

Begging you --
to think about the impact of your choice. We think about you. We are praying for you. People all over the world have you in their thoughts and prayers.

The decision is ultimately up to you. no one else.

You. can. do. it.

Please relinquish your rights. Please.

Pleading.

Praying.

Hoping you don't read the newspaper.

The Johnsons

Dear Birthmother,

AS you can see,we wrote to Birthfather. We hope that someday he will be as brave as you will be. Are you still feeling brave? I know our thank-yous won't take away the tears, but look to the Lord. He will silence your fears. He will heal your heart. He lives so that we might also live. Look and live.

Looking.
Living.
Loving.

Us

2 comments:

Jenn and Troy said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. It is so nice to know that there are others out there going through the same things. Good Luck with your adoption journey. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lindsey from The R House said...

oh birth fathers. i wish we had a relationship with ours.

wish. wish. wish.

i remember going through what you describe here.

i wrote a letter to him as well.

http://therhouse.blogspot.com/2007/08/faith.html