CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 03, 2008

My Polar Star

This song has been my constant through the infertility/adoption journey.

I have listened to it...many times...

I memorized it.

I bawled through it.

I screamed through it.

I got in the car and switched stations until I found it.

I have fallen to my knees. trying to understand.

From this song, I have gained strength.

And, I do believe:

It's so easy to get lost inside a problem that seems so big at the time-
It's like a river that's so wide, it swallows you whole.
While you're sitting around thinking 'bout what you can't change
And worrying about all the wrong things
Times flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count
'Cause you can't get it back.


Yes, this song has been my constant.

Through all the uncertainty, the sorrow, and the struggle, I am still learning that:

"We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." (President Hinckley)

And, even for one
so small,

He is still certain.
He is still sure.

2 comments:

Jenn and Troy said...

That was beautiful!! Just what I needed today!

Becca said...

I want more of the lyrics to that song; it was very inspiring.