CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dear Birthmother....

Hello? Are you there? Of course you are there. You are probably wondering why I have been looking for you. I'm so glad you have courage enough to listen; to think about the choice you have to make. David and I pray daily that you can find the strength to make it through this. You will. The sacrifice might seem too big to face right now, but you'll pull through. You are wonderful. You are good. Yes, you are sad, but even that will pass. I can't even imagine the thoughts you've had, the struggles you've been through, and the road ahead. But, I know peace awaits.
There are many waiting to help you make it through. Let's see. Well, first there is the Lord. He understands. He can heal broken hearts. He can heal you. Next, there are the wonderful people at LDS Family Service. They really are wonderful, and they can offer guidance and direction.

Then of course, we are here. Right. Here. Nebraska. Ask for David or Brandi Johnson. You might get lucky and Lincoln will answer the phone. He will tell you about cars, trucks, and trains. He will tell you he wants a baby. Then he'll say he loves you.
We love you.
We pray for you.

Talk to you soon.

Brandi, David, and Lincoln

3 comments:

Shauni said...

That is beautiful and you are an amazing person.

Lindsey from The R House said...

tears.

she will find you. or you will find her.

i am so flattered that you read. i will add you to my blog list of adoption friends. and i will answer your questions in a post coming up in just a minute.

Carlotta said...

I found your blog through the r house. I don't think I have read anything more tender. That was so real! I don't know your story but I can only pray that your adoption story is written quickly. When it is written , it will be JUST for you. How sweet it is. It breaks my heart into pieces knowing that there are people that are COMPLETELY qualified to have children yet they can't. On the other hand I am greatful for people like you that are worthy with open arms to be the answer to a birthmothers hearfelt prayers. To the hardships that she is experiencing. What peace it brings to my heart. I WISH I could tell every girl that is in a crisis pregnancy that , it will be ok. Your baby will be ok and cherished! Thank you for living your life in a way that you can be an answer to a birthmothers prayers, It means the world!