CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Winter of Our Discontent; "HAL"- le -"LOU" -jah

THIS IS HOW MY POST WAS STARTING:

For those of you who are waiting on the edge of your blogging seats for the results of the DNA tests....

So are we.

We still don't know.

When "P" our social worker said this was a harder adoption than others and that he had never dealt with this in all his years as a social worker, we knew we were in for a lot of surprises.

This is what we know:

The DNA lab only sends out results on Friday (for us that was 3 days ago)
They sent them to our social worker.
He should have them by Wednesday.

I really have appreciated all the calls of support and willingness to serve. I am grateful for the comments made by those who have gone through this process with us.

We want you to know that we have that same scary feeling again.
You know the one you get when you pray for understanding and as an answer you get

PEACE --

It's scary because, we don't know if this means we will get to love Henry for eternity or if we will be taken care of

if that other part happens.

But, we can't deny the love we feel from the Lord at this time.
We would be ungrateful if we didn't recognize His hand in our lives.

We feel blessed.

Discontent with uncertainty,

but blessed nonetheless.

BUT THEN,

"P" RETURNED MY CALL ABOUT HOW TO GET HENRY A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND FINISHED BY SAYING:

"by the way,

Trent is not the birthfather.

Zero percent chance of paternity."


DID YOU HEAR THAT?
HE'S
NOT
THE
FATHER!!!

(I'm bawling. AND LAUGHING.)

Thank you Heavenly Father for this tender mercy.
Thank you for dealing gently with my heart.

I'm a mommy again.

27 comments:

Franklin Family said...

I'm crying! I'm bawling! I'm saying many prayers for you! What a relief, and what a test of your faith. You have been a rock through this, and have never faltered. I am thrilled and SO RELIEVED! You are amazing, and congratulations.

Emilie Hereth said...

I don't know what to say, except: I am thrilled for you and your family.

Leah said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Ann-Marie said...

yea! i'm so happy for your family!

Shauni said...

That is the BEST news ever! I'm so happy for you all!

Carlie said...

wow, sis. i am so pleased for you. henry belongs with your family.

Jenn and Troy said...

WOW!! What wonderful news!!! Congrats!

Vero said...

I'm so happy for you!!!yea!!!

Carlotta said...

Heavenly Father knew that this spirit needed a home. He knew all that Joanie went through. He knew that her heart was in the right place. He knew that this baby needed an eternal family! I would laugh and cry too! Miracles NEVER EVER cease!

amynewby said...

oh brandi!!!
you've been in my prayers so much and i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!! i would call you right now, but i don't want to disturb you if you and the boys are resting. hugs and kisses!!!

Tiff said...

I'm tearing up just reading this. Love you girl! :)

proudmamablogga said...

Oh, I am so happy for you. So it's all good now?

Mexico Brewers said...

Yay!! We love you guys!! All 4!! Can't wait to meet him!

Love, Hawaiian Tex-Mex Brewers

Tina said...

I don't think this could have been better news!!! I am so relieved as I am sure you are undoubtedly. My most sincere prayers have been with you! Love you!

Spliz said...

oh, Brandi, we are so happy for you and your whole beautiful family--this is the greatest news!

Becca said...

I've been so out of it lately. Congratulations on precious little Henry! I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful. He is such a sweet boy and deserves an amazing family like yours. Congratulations. And what a relief!

Jason and Amy said...

Best news EVER! congrats! I got goosebumps reading that post

Nama said...

that's so wonderful to hear!!! my heart's been aching for you guys since you wrote about this. i'm so glad it has worked out, and that you're so happy now! :) that makes me so very happy, too.

Julie B. said...

Brandi!!! I am soo happy for you and prayers were answered! I will send your card and a little something out now. This is wonderful. I know today is a different day for you. We sure love you and your sweet family!
Love
Julianne

Frasure Family said...

oh hooray!!!!! The spirit is so wonderful to have!! Henry knows you as his mom!! Let me know if you do need anything!!

Kara said...

I've never seen so many comments on a page, but you deserve them all. I'm so happy for you. I've been checking your blog at every available moment and actually had Kara check while I was at work since they have a filter on what we can look at. Congrats, and God bless you and your new little one. - Your cousin Chris

Lindsey from The R House said...

TEAR!!!

Lindsey from The R House said...

p.s. email me about school presentations: therhouse@gmail.com

gretchen said...

That is WONDERFUL! We're so happy for all of you. My heart was breaking for you with all of this, and I'm just amazed at your strength. WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!

((BIG HUGS))

*Merrianne
(Julianne Brewer's sister)

Erika said...

Such a cute little family. I am so happy for you guys. You deserve it all.