CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 05, 2008

YES!!!

David and I jsut celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.

We celebrated in style.

We got in our car, drove to the corner gas station, and bought nachos (for me), donettes (for David), and 64 oz of diet coke (we shared.)

We were so content spending the evening with our little boys.

and each other.

We spent some time talking about our last four years.

And, as we did, I had it reaffirmed to me that I had made a wise decision by marrying David.

He is my best friend; the one I will love forever.

So, for those who have not been able to witness the last four wonderful years, here are some of the greatest blessings of our marriage thus far:


YEAR ONE: April 30, 2004- April 30, 2005

Sealed for eternity in the Bountiful Temple.


We rented our first two apartments (together!!!)

David came each week to my Doctrine and Covenants class just so we could spend extra time together.

Four our 1st anniversary, David took me back to the Inn where we stayed on our honeymoon.
This also included 12 yellow roses.

YEAR TWO: April 30 2005- April 30, 2006

We both graduated from BYU. We got to walk together.

Lincoln joins the family. He weighed in at 7lbs, 14.5 oz, and 20.5 inches long.
(Consequently, with 48 hours of labor, and an emergency C-Section...David did not leave my side once. This is very telling of the gentle, and diligent man I married.)

We sang "I am a Child of God," and said a prayer with Lincoln and all his grandparents in the hospital the night he was born. We love you, Sweet Boy.


What an incredible experience to witness the power of the priesthood as David gave Lincoln a name and a blessing.

David gets accepted to University of Nebraska Law School.

We buy our first house, with a mortgage of $555.57. This was less than our rented Provo apartments!



YEAR THREE: April 30,2006- April 30, 2007

One year of Law School down.

Two to go.

David gets a law job.

David takes me to New York.
We go to the Manhattan Temple.
We feel impressed with two words: February, baby.



YEAR FOUR: April 30, 2007- April 30, 2008

Start adoption paperwork.

Get chosen by our Joanie Girl in FEBRUARY.

New BABY Henry joins the family, weighing in at 5lbs, 14 oz, and 18 inches long.

We sing "I am a Child of God," with big brother Lincoln and say a prayer as a new foursome. We love you, Angel Baby.






They say the best is yet to come.

That is hard to believe, because what has already been could not have been any better.

I love you David.

Tons Bit.
and you know that that's the most.

You make my life worth living each day.

I love spending eternity with you.










9 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats on 4 great years!

I'm dying to know what happened with Henry, please let us know!

Spliz said...

does this mean everything is finalized?
happy anniversary! I remember your wedding so well--what a fantastic day.

Jason and Amy said...

Remember when you came to our house in provo when you were engaged? We filmed your "Love Story." That was so fun, you could see how in love you too were(and are). Congrats!

Franklin Family said...

I love how you two spent your anniversary as a family. There's no better way to share your love. Congratulations!

Ann-Marie said...

happy anniversary! you guys are the best!

Erika said...

It seems like just yesterday! Congratulations on EVERYTHING!!!

amynewby said...

that was a fun to post to read. i just sent you an invite to our blog, sorry, i thought i already had you on there! you are amazing by the way, and you have gorgeous eyes! hope all is going well, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Brew Crew said...

duh post!

Michelle Johnston said...

Wow, it was so fun to see pictures of your little miracle. Congrats to you and your family. You have such a sweet spirit, I wish I could be closer to it:) I'm glad that I got to know you for a short time.