CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm Lovin It....

Yesterday, we packed up the car, the kids, and Mookie, and we headed off to Grand Island.

We were going to meet our Joanie Girl at the park, but when we pulled into town and stepped out of the car we realized that it was REALLY windy, and probably not the best park weather.

We did a quick re-planning and decided that if our sweet two year old wasn't going to get to go to a park, we would have to find a very close second.

Thank you Grand Island for having a McDonalds.

Joanie had shown up 40 minutes early, and when we got there she was standing outside her car.

She looked
stunning.

Radiant.

Beautiful.

The excitement was evident in her eyes.

But, there was something more.

It was easy to see how much Joanie loved Henry.

I had to hold back tears as the Spirit testified to me again of the eternal sacrifice made by our Joanie Girl.
Henry is a miracle to us because of her choice.

We love you so much Joanie.

Joanie brought gifts for Henry. She brought beautiful receiving blankets. and a soft plush puppy for him to snuggle.

Then.

It Happened.

Tears started forming in my eyes. As she watched me unwrap the last gift (Johnson-n-Johnson baby powder), she said, "I have one more gift for you. I got it for you because it reminded me of how he smelled every time I saw him in the hospital."

I'll tell you friends. I cried over baby powder.

What an amazing woman.

I don't know what that would have been like: to have been so close for 9 months, to have touched his perfect little face, to have smelled that perfect baby powdered skin, to have loved with a perfect love, and then to have sacrificed so willingly.

Not a day goes by that we don't talk about our Joanie Girl and thank a loving Father in Heaven for helping one of his daughters make that choice.



Don't worry Joanie Girl; we will always give him two hugs and two kisses.

We love you.

In Other News:

Dear Brave and Adventurous Lincoln,

Even if you run into the door at McDonalds


You will still always be our Superman.


(Thanks Mookie for our new capes!!! We love you Tons Bit.)


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Carlie said...

i always thought superman could use a mini-me. hello to mookie!
we sure love joanie. we pray for her too.

Shauni said...

I love that you guys keep in touch with Joanie. What a wonderful story! And the superman caps are so cute!

Becca said...

What cute superboys! Talk about amazing strength that both you women have!

Rapp Family said...

What a beautiful story. I haven't looked at your blog for a long time and I was more than thrilled to see that you have another addition! He is perfect! I don't know you personally, but I know Dave and I can't think of better parents. You are amazing and I was so touched by Joanie and her story. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey from The R House said...

such familiar feelings for our birth mothers.

thank heavens for open adoption!