CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Tribute of sorts....

I love Fall.
I love it.
It restores my Spirit.
It fills me with delicious food
and happy memories.
It reminds me of so many happy things.
Like:
carving pumpkins.
Putting our Chrismas tree up on Veterans Day.
Playing outside(c'mon it was still 80 degrees)
Visiting the snow.
Singing songs.
The cinnamon smell from the kitchen
Being together because the whole family was home.
.
Now some have tried to intrude on my love affair with the fall.
But to no avail:
When we moved to Nebraska
Ms. Pierce,(the associate dean),
sat the students down
and informed them that
if they were in a relationship,
Law School would ruin it.
In addition, that they would
be emotionally dead to their spouses.
They would still need the support they would be
incapable of offering.
Ahhhh, Ms. Pierce,
The FALL comes every year.
You will not succeed at ruining my
ETERNAL MARRIAGE
a bond so strong that
not even Law School
has a chance of ruining it.
David
has been my
eternal companion for
almost 5 years.
It all started in The Fall
falling in love.
An amazing first date
The perfect first kiss
receiving
"Yes,"
as an answer .
Fall
reminds me that my
lifelong prayers and faith
about getting married
in the temple
were answered
by a loving Father in Heaven.
I love THIS new song.
It offers me
the Fall
everyday.
I am certain that it was the
prayers and faith
of my parents
that helped me
make it through life to find
David
I am certain it was the
prayers and faith
of David's parents
that helped him
make it through life to find
Me
I am certain it was the
prayers and faith
of a little five year old girl
who worried that no one would
marry a diabetic
or
love someone if they couldn't have kids
(interesting I had that fear 23 years ago)
that helped her
make it through
and find
Eternity.
and be blessed with her lifelong dream
of being
a
Wife and a Mommy.
I am certain it is the
prayers and faith
of my Sweetheart that help me
through :
infertility
depression
adopting Henry
potty-training Lincoln (still working on that)
and Law School.
and those same prayers and faith
the make me:
laugh daily
pray often
AND
love forever.
Thanks Fall
for reminding me to
say a prayer
and have some faith.

6 comments:

Aubry Wilkes said...

Brandi -I love you. You are simply fabulous!

Tina said...

Well Encore to Fall then! I wish many many more wonderful falls for you!

Shauni said...

That is so beautiful. And I love that new Billy Ray song--I've never heard it...and here I am wiping away the tears as I type. Thank you.

Erika said...

Oh you make me miss Fall!!!

gretchen said...

I love this post! You write some wonderful things, and I'm glad I get to read them. We love you!

Kasey said...

I love fall too! Even though it's still like 100 degress here! I also love the way you blog. You have an amazing way with words!