CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 20, 2009

A Family is Forever...

Saturday was such a special day.

It will be forever etched in my heart.

My heart was overflowing with love.

I can pinpoint significant memories where this same love has overpowered me;
The day I married David .
The day Lincoln joined our family
The day Our Joanie Girl chose us to love Henry forever.
And Valentine's Day, where we knelt and had Henry sealed to us.

Henry was so happy all day.
He smiled and ga-ga-ga-ed the whole time.
Lincoln's strong and gentle spirit allowed him to sit quietly through the sealing.

The sealer said something that reminded me once a again of the tender mercies given to us from a loving, and all-knowing Heavenly Father.
He said, "Well, Henry may have been sent to the wrong address, but he ended up in the right house."
We are so happy, Henry, that you joined our eternal family.

I could not stop thinking about our Joanie Girl the entire day.
As David and I waited for our friend, President Giles, to seal us, I was overcome with emotion.
Tears rolled down my cheeks as we reverently spoke of the sacrifice made by a brave young woman, and our eternal love for her.

After the sealing, some of our family, and closest friends gathered as David gave Henry a name and blessing. Once again, my heart was flooded as Henry was promised that, like his birthmother who made the right decision against all odds, he too would be able to make the right decisions, even if they weren't popular.
Thank you Joanie Girl. We Love You.

This journey has been filled with a lot of emotion.
There were days that I cried more than I breathed.
There were days I thought the Lord was trying to give us a raincheck on this sweet baby.
There were days that I was furious with infertility.
There were days that I thought, that just this once, the Lord was trying to give me more than I could handle.
And Yet,
I would cry again.
I would welcome a raincheck, again.
I would embrace fury, again.
I would go to the outer limits of what I thought I couldn't handle, again.
Because, When we dressed in white and saw forever standing with open arms
I knew that
the joy of having a forever family was worth it.
every.
tear.
Thank you for all your prayers, your tears, your love, and your support.

Eternity never looked so good.
The blessing (with David's family)
My family

Best Friends


The priesthood members.

Outside the Winter Quarter's Temple.
(my eyes are red because of all the tears)

Saturday was such a special day.






5 comments:

Jaime said...

I am so happy for you!

Adrian said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing for your family!

Shauni said...

So, so sweet! We are so ecstatic for you! Congratulations to your forever family. We love you.

vinestreet said...

I love these pictures!!! Hooray! I'm so happy Henry was sealed to you.

Dixie said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of this special occasion. I wouldn't have missed it!