CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 08, 2009

I couldn't stop the tears last night

...as I sang "I am a Child of God," to my almost three year old. (He turned three today). I never realized how quickly time would go, and how much my heart would ache that he's growing up so fast.

On the day Lincoln was born, we gathered as a family, with my parents, and David's parents, and we sang "I am a Child of God." Then we had a prayer all together. We felt an overwhleming spirit that this was a special little boy that we would get to love.

Lincoln has been sung this same song almost every day of his life, and he knows all the words. He says his own prayers now, and I marvel that this special child of God was entrusted to my care.

In three years, we have loved the miracle of Lincoln.

He is our Sweet Boy.

Happy Birthday Lincoln Daniel.

We Love You.



This is Lincoln at the hospital. They wanted him to be a baby model for the city buses in Utah.


This is Lincoln on his first birthday, right after his first hair cut.


This is Lincoln on his second birthday, and as a tradition, we took him to McDonalds for an ice cream cone. He did a lot better eating his ice cream at two, than he did at one.
(Since today is Sunday, we will take him for his ice cream cone tomorrow for FHE, after his haircut!)


Now, can you see why my heart was so full last night as I looked at this child of God who I get to call my son?

I Love being your Mama, Lincoln.
I love you soooooo much.

Tons Bit.

The most-ever-in-the-whole-world.
(which is how much you tell me you love me.)



4 comments:

Jenn H. said...

Happy Birthday from your mom's cousin and her family!!

Jay and Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! We love you so much!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! We love you SOOOOOOOO much! Enjoy your ice cream cone and we can't wait to see you!

Shauni said...

Happy Birthday, Lincoln! I can't believe he is 3 years old! I remember coming to see him in the hospital and thinking how handsome he was. Congratulations to all of you! Love you!