CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

bum bum bum bum bum....

I have been doing pilates for 12 weeks.

I have some amazing girl friends
who
LOVE
to do pilates with me at crazy hours of the night and day.
I have also recently acquired a jogging stroller, and
my boys LOVE to go for runs.

So, you might wonder, why the love for exercise?
I like to exercise.
I exercised all growing up,
through college, and while David went
through Law School.

but more importantly,

4 months ago,
I went to see a fertility doctor.
Among other things she said
"you are obese."
it was a plain and simple statement.

You know what?
I can look at a weight chart and see that I had some weight to lose,
and so it didn't hurt my feelings.
OBESE was a little harsh, but nonetheless,

I TOLD HER:
that I liked the way I was
(and I meant it.)
I like me.
I know my husband likes me.
I didn't want weight to be an overwhelming issue in our home.
I wanted
for my kids to be healthy,
AND like who they were in the process.
(Especially where young women will be concerned, as it relates to my boys--
I want them to date and marry girls who KNOW who they are in the beautiful plan,
and who like themselves.
When my boys are 16,
I still want them to look in the mirror and say,
"I am handsome. I look amazing!")


BUT, then Dr C.
said something that stung a little

"Well, all I'm saying is, I have all the kids I want to have.
If you don't want to have any more kids, and you want to look the way you do,
then stay the weight you are."

Ouch.

So, I became motivated.
Thanks to one specific girlfriend,
who is a weight watcher super star,
and a couple of neighbors,
who LOVE pilates
I found the inner desire to do what I needed to do.

After all,
If what the doctor was saying was true,
then I should be able to get pregnant this year!
Hopefully she's right.

if not, I know a great lawyer
haha.

That being said:

I feel so happy, and I have learned
that
food is not a weakness for me.
I don't eat when I'm sad, or stressed,or emotional.
I just needed some basic guidelines, which I have received now,
to inform me on what is the right amount of food to eat!

I am half-way through my weight loss journey.
I have lost 19.4 pounds in 12 weeks


and I will laugh so hard, if you tell me I look good from this picture.
Before and after pictures coming in a few more months.!
Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Tina said...

Wow Brandi! What a brave and amazing post! I am so proud of you! My most sincere prayers are with you in this endeavor and hope most of all the exercise makes you feel good! I love you!

Vero said...

yey!!! good job!!!! you are amazing Brandi.

Nama said...

Brandi, that's so awesome! I'm inspired.

Kasey said...

Way to go! It's amazing though was 20 pounds can do for the energy level.

annieareyouok said...

Wow Brandi .... 20 pounds!?!?! THAT is amazing. Loosing weight is hard, but you can do it! If you even need a walk in the park buddy let me know.

Erika said...

Woot woot! Keep at it!

Wendy-n-Jason said...

Brandi you're my hero. I had decided to lose some weight too but after I talked with you I was more motivated than ever and have already lost 5 pounds in a week and a half. I love your guts and I love reading your blog. Thank you for being my hero and inspiration. I yuv yoo

Jay and Sherrie said...

Way to go Brandi! You are amazing!

Wendy said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! i LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH AND THINK YOU ARE AMAZING!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND HAVE FUN DOING IT. LET ME KNWO IF YOU WANT TO GO FOR A WALK SOMETIME. LOVE YOU!

Broadbent Family said...

Congrats! That takes hard work and dedication. Isn't great to live in a city that you can work out outside. I feel some much more motivated when I can go outside and exercise. For now the gym will have to do. I love the picture.

Mandy Johnson said...

Nice work friend! gotta love WW:)