CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

in Heavenly Peace

Silent night...

Holy night...

All is calm...


YEAH RIGHT.

On Friday, Henry started sleeping in a bed. For those of you who know Henry's sleeping habits, you'll know how monumental this was.

Henry ONLY sleeps in his crib. EVER. No naps on the couch, or curled up in someone's arms. Even pack-n-plays are miserable for Henry; he always puts up a really good fight before giving in to one of those.

So Friday night was a long night. And last night was even longer (Brandi doesn't remember it that way). Last night, I went in and lay by his side for half an hour. I got a good nap in, but when I finally woke back up, Henry was still wide awake right next to me.

Don't get me wrong; once he falls asleep, he actually does very well. He still sleeps in until well past 8 o'clock (one of the reasons we love him so much :D).

Tonight we after some cuddling and stories, we left Henry and Lincoln in the same bed. As Brandi was shutting the door on our two still-very-awake children, she whispered to Lincoln, "sing Henry some songs..."

She closed the door and we listened as Lincoln sang "I am a child of God" to his little brother. He finished singing, and that was the last noise we heard from their room.

For an hour.

So we went back in and this is what we found:



It was one of those experiences and sights that just melts a Daddy's heart. I love you, my angel babies.



P.S. You can't see it really well in the picture above, but YES, Henry got a haircut (boo haircuts!) Here's a better pic:


8 comments:

Carlie said...

boo on haircuts is right! i myself prefer the rag-a-muffin look. except it looked awesome.

Aubry Wilkes said...

I LOVE the hair cut! And I love that sweet story, too.

vinestreet said...

The HAIR is gone. I can't believe it.

Kudos to you all for the milestone of Henry sleeping in the bed. Grace...oh man....I don't think she'll make it to a bed before age 10 at the rate we're going. :)

Brew Crew said...

Okay...first, as the Mookie (grandma) I am so touched that my little Lincoln sang the very first primary song he was introduced to when he was less than 1 hour old...and that he has heard every night of his life in the past four years. So, kudos to David and Brandi for raising children in the gospel and to Lincoln for helping to raise Balou.

On to haircuts...while I think Balou (Henry) is cute no matter how his hair is cut/ or not,I do miss the Mowgli look. He is beautiful.
I love my boys
Mook

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He looks so stinkin' cute!
Congrats on the move to a big boy bed - that's a hard one! Your boys are so sweet.

Tina said...

I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!

Mandy Johnson said...

Lincoln is such a good helper! So sweet. Now we can do more slumber parties!!! Loving the cut David, sorry you lost! It will grow out cute too!

Other Mother said...

His eyes are amazing. What cutie-pies!