CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Judge Not....

When my husband and I moved to Nebraska, we became friends with a wonderful couple. I tease my husband that I've seen Mandy more than I've seen him the last year and a half. Well, these friends, have two beautiful sons that they adopted from Russia. I'm sure that this is the couple the Lord needed us to find, so they could be a support through the ugly face of infertility.

We have been blessed to celebrate the boys adoption days for two years, their birthdays, Halloween, and just simple trips to the zoo. Our son Lincoln thinks they are the greatest friends!

 


I have often been amazed at the wonderful blessing of a good life they have been given by being brought to America, in an LDS home, sealed with their great parents.
When we met them, they showed us their adoptive profile, and I remember seeing other people's profiles; all sorts of people.

CONFESSION:

it really bothered me that so many people who had biological children were trying to adopt while there were obviously so many people who had been married for years who were waiting. wondering. praying for a child.

Never mind that for my entire life I ALWAYS knew I would want to adopt. I knew I would want more kids than my physical body would allow. Nope, I just felt bothered.
It wasn't long after our beautiful Lincoln was born, we decided to try for number two. Months and months of disappointing pregnancy tests. Months of sisters-in-law having children. Months of waiting. wondering. praying for another child.

Then, when we faced the devastating friend; infertility...we started talking adoption and it HIT ME. HARD.
Many of those bothersome people probably were in our same boat. They had one or more biological children, and they weren't done with their families.

Well, I repented swiftly, and now I am learning to appreciate the struggle they--we--are facing together.

The Waiting

The Wondering.

The Praying for a child.

I wanted to share a quote that was recently shared with me.

"Patience... helps us to realize that while we may be ready to move on, having had enough of a particular learning experience, our continuing presence is often a needed part of learning environment of others."
- Elder Neal A. Maxwell

Thanks to those of you who are helping me learn.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Franklin Family said...

You are such an amazing person, and always have been. I check your blog often because I get strength from your dedication to your testimony, and the strength this awful trial is bringing to you. As you suffer, know you are touching other's lives for the better. We are all learning, and many of us are learning from you.

Vero said...

Thanks Brandi you are amazing, and Lincon is very lucky to have you.
Hope we can see you some time soon.
I love your blog, loves Vero.

Ann-Marie said...

that is one of my favorite quotes too!

Becca said...

Love you!