CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 04, 2008

Dear Husband, Future Children, and Birthmother:

When I was in high school, buying a yearbook was a big deal. I loved writing in all my friends yearbooks. I was not the typical writer. I always wrote to people's future children, so that someday they would know a little more about their mom or dad than just the fact that everyone wanted them to have a good summer.
When I was in Young Women's and continuing on through my mission, I wrote letters to my future husband and my future children. When David and I got engaged, I made him a collection of all of these letters, and we have had fun looking back and laughing.
Sometimes when I am mad, I write letters to the people with whom I am mad. I never send them, but I write them.

I love to write.

I write songs to express my testimony.
I write recipes so I can think of my mom.
I write in a journal for Lincoln so he can remember major milestones in his life.
I write in my scriptures so I can remember poignant feelings I have had.

WRITING IS MY CONNECTION TO MY PAST, THE PRESENT, AND THE FUTURE; AS WELL AS THE UNKNOWN.

So, it should come as no surprise that I write to birth mothers.

It's the way I express my hope . It's my way of saying thank you for the good decision you have made to better the life of your child.

Dear Birthmother, I know someday you will find us. It won't be difficult to see us. We are the ones that have written the story thus far; just to the part where you enter; that part we can write together. Soon. Well, sooner than later.
Don't worry,
This story will have no ending.
It will only have a beginning.

Praying, waiting, and writing
The Johnsons

5 comments:

Franklin Family said...

We did not adopt our little girl, but had started talking to LDS social services when I found out I was pregnant. After several tragedies, we just decided we didn't want to put my body through any more...and then surprisingly got pregnant. I checked out your adoption profile and it is WONDERFUL! I know everyone is giving you advice, so I will not do that because nothing anyone can say will help. We will be praying for you and I know you two will be blessed with a little one in due time.

Jay and Sherrie said...

Thank you for sharing the things you write. I don't know if you can ever know the impact they have on others. You have a way of saying things that touch the soul. All we can say is thank you, and keep sharing. We love you guys so much. We pray for you every day. We know how loved and blessed the child will be that enters your home and your hearts. Thank you for your example.

The Wilkes said...

Glad you guys found us. The good 'ole Jodel days...they seem like an eternity ago. Funny thing, Adam got accepted to Nebraska law and we ALMOST went there. We could have been neighbors in another state!

Jason and Amy said...

The things you write are absolutely heart warming. Any babies that come into your family are SO BLESSED and LUCKY! By the way this is Amy Myers... I left a comment like a week ago...I hope you saw.

Becca said...

"Patience... helps us to realize that while we may be ready to move on, having had enough of a particular learning experience, our continuing presence is often a needed part of learning environment of others."
- Elder Neal A. Maxwell

Thanks for being an example to me during this difficult time. Love ya!