CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight..Disgusting

No, this post is not about any Stephenie Meyer books, or movies. Sorry to disappoint!

It's about TWILIGHT.....the time of day when we put our kids to bed.

The other night, (about half an hour past normal bedtime) Lincoln said to me,

"Mama, I don't want to brush my teeth. I just want to go up the stairs to bed."

Now, I am a fanatic of teeth brushing, but I am even more a fanatic of kid's bedtimes, so I said,

"Okay Sweet Boy. Let's go!"

"Will you carry me mama?"

"Sure, Sweet Boy. I will carry you."

"(Now in his bed) Will you sing me a song Mama?"

Understand that this melted my heart, because for the past four weeks, every night at bedtime, Lincoln has become adamant about not having any songs, but would rather have stories about Austin, the Giant. (Yes, I make up really great stories about Giants who play baseball.)

"Sure, Good Boy. What song do you want?"

"I Am A Child of God."

"Okay." (I sing, and then start giving him kisses before I leave."

"THAT'S DISGUSTING!"

"What's disgusting?"

"Your kisses!"

(I keep kissing him.) "My kisses are not disgusting." (more kisses)

"THAT'S DISGUSTING, Mama!!!"

David thought it was really funny...

until he tried to kiss me

AND

I told him

kisses .
were .
disgusting.

In other news...I hope Henry likes kisses because he has started eating Sweet potatoes and carrots, and I don't want to know what his ideas of kisses are disgusting looks like all over my clothes...

OOOOOO,

because we all know that

XXXXXX.
are.
disgusting.

5 comments:

Tina said...

So CUTE! You had me going for a moment from the title! We are so excited to see you guys! Suprise!

The Brewer Family said...

That is so funny! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Hugs,
Ed and Julianne and John Arlie

Adam & Ady said...

You totally crack me up. Seriously, anyone having a hard day just needs to give you a call and you will lighten it for them :)

Kasey said...

Love it! What a cute mom you are. Maybe you should write down your story then get it published and then have it turned into a movie like the Harry Potter author. She stared out telling her kids bed time stories. Just an idea...

Kelly said...

Very sweet - you sound like such a good mom!