CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Adoption Sunday

Who knew that there was a stake calling to work with birthmothers?
I didn't.
Until Sister T asked me if I could help her with her calling
and speak to three sacrament meetings about the blessings of adoption.
There is only one problem:
I only get 10 minutes in each meeting.
I have never been so excited to speak in sacrament meeting.
And, to make it even better,
we will be spending Saturday with our Joanie Girl.
We are so excited to see her.
We are so excited to tell her again how much we love her;
to tell her how blessed we are because of her sacrifice.
We invited her to Henry's first birthday party,
and we hope she comes.
I wrote her a song about this entire journey.
She is the reason I can speak about adoption in church on Sunday.
She is the reason I have a voice on the blessings of adoption.
She is a blessing to our family.
We love you Joanie Girl.
P.S.
Yes, I still need to post pictures of our trip to Arizona.

Those are coming soon, but David has been
working on a presentation,
a 30 page paper,
trying to sell our house,
and finding a job,
So I figured the pictures needing to be downloaded could wait.
Anyways, here is to about 6 weeks left of Law School

3 comments:

The Brewer Family said...

Wow! I didn't know a calling like that existed either! You are perfect for it because you say such wonerful inspiring words.

Kelly said...

My mom had that calling once when I was young. I remember being very touched by some of the girls she worked with and the sacrifice they made for their babies.

Congrats on surviving law school! You're amazing!

vinestreet said...

How did it go today? I bet it was a blast for you!!