CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 08, 2009

pregnancy through my years...

In my life I have had some amazing girl friends.
These are women I have looked to for support, laughter, and friendship;
the kind of friendship that changes your life for the best.
Today's post is about three of my favorite people:

Car-Car-
Wendy-Marinky-Dinky-Dink-
Mandy J-

Because of thier great friendships, I have become a better woman than I otherwise would have been.


Car-Car and I sang in high school choir together. Sleepovers were a weekly occurence. We loved to talk about boys and sit at the piano and belt out "In His Eyes," until all hours of the morning. I drove 14 hours to be at her wedding, and she drove 14 to be at mine. I have letters in my high school year book that she addressed to my future children.

I love her!

Wendy and I were inseparable in college. We laughed together often, and we became best friends through the awesome calling of visiting teaching. She was my encouragment to go on a mission, and she was there at the birth of my first baby. (In fact, she snuck me Taco Bell a few hours after Lincoln was born, when I was supposed to be on all liquids.)

I love her!

Mandy and I have spent more time together than with our husbands these last three years (I say that only half-jokingly) Mandy has been my friend through infertility, the adoption process, Federalist society trips, and painting every room in my house! She has taught me a great deal about the kind of mother I want to be. I know we will be friends forever.

I love her!

I often think how well the Lord knows me to send me these incredible friends who have seen me through some of the hardest and most joyful experiences of my life.

Now, some might still be wondering about the title of this post;
pregnancy through my years,

I will just go on the record of saying I AM NOT PREGNANT.

and, for one of the first times since starting a family,
I am completely happy with that.
I am content with my big boy
and my baby,
and especially, my Sweetheart.

I could not ask for more.



But, I am the proudest best friend because:

Car-Car is due in September with baby number 2

Marinky-Dink is due with her first baby, a boy, in August

And Mandy is due in August.
(and for those of you who are in Nebraska--Mandy did give me permission to post this since she is not going to walk around telling people...)
I love these girls.
I am eternally blessed because of their friendships.
Enjoy motherhood
You were made especially for this!

2 comments:

Carlie said...

i'm actually due at the end of august too. :) and you are better than me-- trev and i flew to your wedding! we even rented a sweet luxury rental car. spared no expense.
i love you too, sis. i am so excited for your visit and move!

Adam & Ady said...

I am glad that you announced for mandy! :) She is so lame to not share it all with us! Is this why she was "sick" at card night? :)