CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today Part II...

today
I am grateful for these words:
(quoted by Thomas S. Monson)

“Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend … when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present—love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness]—the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth

today

we are still hoping to sell our house,
but we are grateful that we have had a house to live in.

today
we are grateful that our entire family made it through pneumonia in less than 2 weeks.
(David used to get it and be out for 5 weeks)

today
we hope the economy gets better,
but we are so grateful for Humphrey and Petersen who offered David a job in Tucson, Arizona.


today
both of my kids threw fits,
but I am grateful that I get to be a mommy.
Because when I come home from the doctor and Lincoln comes running to me yelling my name and tells me that he missed me, and makes David run back to the car through the rain just to say, "I forgot to give you a hug,"
and
when Henry gives me open-mouthed kisses, and snuggles on David's shoulder until he falls asleep, and I get to celebrate his first birthday with him because of an eternal sacrifice
and
when David plans an evening out for us in the middle of finals, and holds my hand, and winks at me from across the room, and ends our days with prayer

I remember that I am the most blessed of all in my heaven on earth.

today

we are grateful for the rescuing power that has saved us over and over again.

today
is a good day to call on our gratitude power.

5 comments:

David said...

I love you Sweetheart! You are the best Wife and Mama in the whole world!

Becky said...

Very good quote! Thanks for sharing. We (myself :) often focus on the not so abundant part :) Thanks for sharing all of your blessings.

and congrats on the job! That is great.

Tina said...

Wow, you make Today sound pretty good right now. Congrats, again, on the job. We are so excited for you guys! Now all our prayer energy is into you selling your house.

Diane said...

Congrats on the job offer. Are you taking it?

How come you don't have Henry's name on the top of your blog? Just wondering!

vine street said...

What a good day! I love the everyday things that happen that make life so rich and sweet.